Harrisons of Edinburgh is founded in 1863 by a 51 year Sir George Harrison through the acquisition of James & Ogilvie moving into their premises of 31 North Bridge, Edinburgh.
LBD, Lear Browne and Dunsford chose Exeter as their base when they commerced trading in 1895, supplying fine quality fabrics and linings to the worldwide tailoring industry, some 111 years later (2006) they would acquire Harrisons & Co. Lear Browne and Dunsford becomes an incorporated business on 7th July 1973 and continues to be managed by the Dunsford family to this day.
1989 - LBD acquire Pederson & Becker
1993 - Porter and Harding is bought out by Lear Browne and Dunsford Ltd
1999 - Harrisons is bought out by Lear Browne and Dunsford Ltd in 1999. Both acquired firms still trade with their existing brand names
2010 - Harrisons acquire Woollen Merchant, H.Lesser & Sons
2014 - Harrisons acquire Smith Woollens & Co, and W.Bill